Saturday, October 31, 2009

U2's set list from the other night.

Here's a list of the songs the band played on the 28th. I'm posting this for myself as well, so I can remember what was played. That's a lot of songs.

I enjoyed the second half of the show better, as there were more songs from my early days as a fan, and fewer songs from the last three albums, which were released in 2000 and after I think.

Here's the set list.


Breathe
Get on Your Boots
Magnificent
Mysterious Ways
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Stuck In A Moment
No Line on the Horizon
Elevation
In A Little While
Unknown Caller
Until The End of the World
Unforgettable Fire
City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
I'll Go Crazy - Remix
Sunday Bloody Sunday
MLK
Walk On
One
Where The Streets Have No Name

Ultraviolet
With or Without You
Moment of Surrender

For me, the highlights were Sunday Bloody Sunday followed by MLK, With or Without You (the crowd sang the whole first verse) and Unforgettable Fire, from the album of the same name. It was recorded in 1984, and is one of my favourites. The last song, Moment of Surrender, was also excellent.

I've been reading a bit about the Edge's guitars, and I wish I was a guitar geek so I could have really appreciated all that was going on during the concert. The Edge played 18 different guitars during the show, and used lots of effects. I did notice him switching guitars all the time, but didn't know it was almost one for every song.

The Edge brings about 43 guitars on tour, which includes spares. His guitar tech, Dallas Schoo, strings them all with new strings for each show, and it takes most of the day.

Dallas Schoo has fan clubs too, and people cheer him on at the concerts. While I had forgotten about that, after reading
this piece, I was reminded that during the last tour in 2005, a fan beside me knew all about Dallas Schoo and Edge's various guitars.

It was a good show, and I liked finding this set list because it reminds me of what happened. It's hard to remember the ins and outs of a 2.5 hour rock show!



No comments: