Friday, October 9, 2009

Quick ride before work

Today I had wanted to get one last day in the Bike Park, but when I went to get my big downhill bike from where I keep it at work, I noticed it had a flat tire. I had everything I needed to fix it except one tool. I decided to ride Celeste on another trail instead of putting the time into fixing my flat and riding in the Park.

I went back home, grabbed Celeste, and drove out past Emerald (about a 10-12 minute drive past the village) to a trail called Thrill Me Kill Me. I didn't have a lot of time, so I had to hurry!

I have to be at work in 38 minutes, so this post will be a bit hurried as well.

Here a couple pics from the trail.



The entrance is just off the highway. The last time I rode this trail would have been in 2005, and a lot of work has been done on it since, including this signage. The trail is rated double black, but it didn't seem hairy to me. I think that's meant for the tourists.



This was a steep-ish rock face that I thought would make a good shot. I set my camera timer and got this one. It doesn't showcase the steepness, but that's OK. Since I was I was in a rush to get the trail behind me and get to work, I didn't take more than a few.

I was happy to get on Celeste today, and ride a trail that was pretty far away. I haven't been able to ride that trail on my own because it's quite a ways past the village, but now with my car (still nameless!) I can ride lots more places! It was also nice to ride a trail that required my own effort to get to the top of the climbs.

I am happy I got out there, because part of me just wanted to stay at home and read, but I am trying to get out and do physical activity every day, so I accomplished that today.

No comments: