Thursday, October 15, 2009

Denmark secures spot in 2010 World Cup!

Hurray!

The Danes have secured a spot in the 2010 World Cup finals, which will be held in South Africa next summer. Holland have also secured a spot. Both squads are atop their respective European-zone qualifying groups. I'll get to wear both my Denmark and my Netherlands jerseys next year as I watch the games! Maybe I'll quit my job for a month and watch two matches a day. What a glorious time that would be!

Here's the article.

While most of BC is discussing the Olympics and the way the Hudson's Bay Company has appropriated the Cowichan sweater, and how the government suddenly loves native culture (the medals showcase NW Coast aboriginal art), I'm thinking about the World Cup! And finding a place to live!

Sod the Olympics!

Go Denmark!

No comments: