Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Thanksgiving wrap, and gaming.



My Thanksgiving weekend ended well, with a great dinner in Vancouver. There were about 15 people there, and I knew a few of them. I was happy to meet many of the people Carmella talks about. The people we ate with were all very interesting people to talk to, and it was a good evening. It was a brisk outside, so being inside with warm apple cider and great food was an excellent way to spend the evening.

We got back to Whistler at about 2am, and I got a solid 8 hours of sleep. However, I was groggy for most of the day anyway and never really seemed to wake up.

In the evening, Carmella made some kaiser sandwiches that were very similar to one I ate at the Komfort Kitchen in Brandon, MB. Then, we sent squashing at the sports centre. It was our second time, and Carmella is getting pretty good. We had good rallies, and it was good exercise for both of us.

Then, we played a new game. We're both enjoying gaming at the moment, so we borrowed Carcassonne from Cindy in Vancouver. We played one game where we familiarized ourselves with the game, and then played a second game that was a bit more serious.

Carmella wins all the games we play, including this one. I think I will have to prepare and stay focussed if I want to be victorious!



Here's the shelf at Carmella's where we keep the games. We've got a good selection! Ingenious, Blokus, Trains, and Carcassonne. I haven't added my Settlers game to the mix because Carmella doesn't particularly enjoy it (obviously because it's the only game I consistently win at).

I hope that even though I loose at Ingenious all the time, I'm still exercising my intellect!













And, I spelled "lose" wrong for some intentional irony to spice up the post!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We should play Settlers soon. I am tired of winning all the time.
Cvarj

Carolyn said...

I almost had to write a strongly worded comment about "loose" until I scrolled down a bit more. Phew.