Saturday, October 24, 2009

Olympic Tickets

Olympic tickets went on sale this morning, for pre-registered members who live in the Sea to Sky Corridor. They are on sale for Whistler events.

They started going on sale at 10am this morning, and I was logged in and ready to go.

I tried to buy my XC skiing tickets for 40 minutes, but the website couldn't handle the traffic I guess. I stopped trying.

I just tried again, and the event I wanted, the Team Pursuit, was all sold out.

I bought some biathalon tickets, and some other xc ski tickets. They were pretty cheap, at $25 for non-grandstand general admission tickets.

I have four biathalon tickets for the Women's 10K Pursuit, and the Men's 12.5K Pursuit, both happening on the same day. I also have four xc skiing tickets for the ladies 10K Free and men's 15K free, also on the same day.

So while I do have some affordable olympic tickets, I'm disappointed that the website failed me, and I lost out on the event I wanted because of it! That's OK though.

I have four tickets for each event. I plan to dress up in either Danish or Dutch garb, since there will be some many Canadians there. I want to find a Viking helmet with horns to wear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or you might dress up in a "Where's Waldo" costume. Then when people take pictures of the event, they can try to find you.
-Cvarj

Carolyn said...

Buy a Viking Helmet now while they are in stores for Halloween!