Thursday, October 1, 2009

Some pics

I've grown tired of blogging about the trip, so I'll post some pictures.

The last few days of the trip had us visiting Drumheller, AB and Banff/Lake Louise.

We camped in Lake Louise, and it was -6C. It was very cold, and it was one of those nights where you just want it to be morning so you won't be cold anymore.

Here are some pics that I took with my camera. Since Carmella had hers, I didn't break mine out too much.



Here's Lake Louise. Carmella and I hiked about 1.6K up from lake level to this lookout point.



It was pretty early in the morning, and we were both tired and cold. We knew we had to get to Whistler on this day, so we felt a bit rushed too. In this picture, Carmella is frustrated because she couldn't get the flash to work on her camera. I took this one to see if mine would work.



Here are some dinosaurs in the Museum in Drumheller.


This is a poor shot of the moon-like atmosphere in Drumheller. It's part of the Red Deer River valley, which has yielded many dinosaur bones.

The Dinosaur Museum had many full skeletons, so that was fun. We didn't know which ones were casts and which were real bones, so it wasn't as fun as it could have been.



This was fun, getting to Saskatchewan. The province had big tourism centres at their borders, showing what the prairies have to offer. Manitoba didn't have anything like that, and neither did Alberta or BC.

So, those are some pics I had. When I get Carmella's pictures, I'll post some more.

No comments: