Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Glasses

I lost my glasses somewhere between my house and Vancouver. They aren't lost yet though, I just can't seem to find them at my house. I figure they are where I stayed in The City over the weekend.

So as I was thinking of my glasses being lost, I wondered if it was time to buy a new pair. I bought my current pair in 2001, just before I started Second Year at UVic. So it's been awhile!

The dollar is very strong right now, so I'm looking into online options. I've found some great glasses, but am a bit hesitant to order them online. However, I just came across 39dollarglasses.com, and the website title isn't just a hook.

They have glasses with lenses for 39 dollars complete. That's a stellar deal. For a price like that, I could afford to buy a pair and hope they work, since I mainly wear them before I go to bed and just after I wake up.

I don't have full confidence shopping at my local optometrist, because I spent way more than I thought I should have when I bought my contacts. I'm looking into other options now.

There are some really nice styles out there from established brands, but these 39 dollar genaric frames seem good enough. They're not as flashy, but they might do the job anyway.

The problem is that I can't try them on first.

What I may do is go to my optometrist and try on the styles I like, find which one works, and then buy it online. I feel no connection to them since I feel like they bamboozled me a few months ago. I'll use them for a fit, and then take my business elsewhere!

No comments: