Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Last China pics

Jon here.

I took some pictures before I left China, and had some left over. I'll post the stragglers here.

I was out and about in the GZ shoe district a few days ago, and I began to wonder. If I happended to own a shoe factory here, what would I do with the shoes I couldn't sell? What if I had some that didn't have a mate, or others that weren't worthy of the sale rack?



Then I realized...I would just dump them in the street, and let the street sweepers clean them up! It's a great idea, since it means I don't need to pay to dispose of them, and you also don't have to worry about transporting my garbage anywhere. It's so easy to just open the door and toss them outside! Someone else will worry about after that. Don't throw your garbage in my backyard, but I'll happily toss mine out the front into the street.

A good thing is that some people were able to get some free shoes. There were no mates, but a few people were trying on different sizes and models to find two that would fit.



Mom, I remembered to get sand for you. Here are some shots of where it came from, at the fake beach. This beach was a good place to bring the kids to play, since they entertained themselves very easily.





And last of all, I took a picture of the Yihe shan (mountain) where I did all my hill training a few months ago.



This is also the road up to the pagoda restaurant, so there are cars driving up and down it all the time. Notice the guard at the bottom...since the road isn't wide enough, he communicates with another guard at the top, to make sure cars go only one direction at a time. He also directs lost drivers to where they want to go.

Goodbye Yihe! I'll see you in a month to pick up my luggage.

No comments: