Thursday, July 24, 2008

Heading up to the North Country

No cold wind in my eye though. Haha...if you get it, you get it. If you don't, you don't.

So I'm not too happy about my ear, but in the grand scheme of things it's not that bad. I did some internet research (never a good idea for medical issues...you always read the worst things) and it says a punctured eardrum often heals on its own. Carol said the same things, so that's good.

I must make sure it doesn't get infected though, so I'll wear my earplugs a lot, maybe even when I'm not swimming. I might be able to rig up some sort of bathing cap headband that can cover my ears and keep the water out, enabling me to surf. We'll see. I don't want to take a gamble and end up in a worse place though.

For now, I'm heading up to the northern most part of Bali with our Swiss friend Natalie, where we'll meet Kir. It'll be nice to get away from the beach for awhile. This beach, anyway. We're going to Lovina beach, where the sand is volcanic and black, and where dolphins swim.

So, I'm heading north for a few days. I've got my coolie had for shade, and some fresh socks. And my earplugs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys have been such consistent bloggers.
Rought life- leaving one beach to head to a more interesting one, with dolphins!
Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!
All this blogging deserves more comments!

-Esther

adriana said...

I agree with anonymous Esther 'all this blogging deserves more comments.'
Thank you very much for keeping us up to date on your adventures.
anonymous adriana