Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ka-Chunk! (checking in!)



I don't have much to write, since I haven't done anything terribly different for the past few days. I like it though...I wake up, head to the beach, have a surf, read my book, eat something, maybe surf some more...



I did do something interesting today, actually. I biked to the airport to change my ticket. I could have gotten a taxi or shuttle bus, but I decided to do it on my own steam. It was only a few kilometers, and didn't take too long. The Kuta streets were clogged, but I was able to just ride right by all the stopped cars. I would wager that I wouldn't have saved any time by getting a taxi.

I've now got my ticket sorted out, and will leave Bali on August 8th. I'll have spent almost a month here by the time I go! I can see how the Aussies staying at my cottages can be here for three months. It's such a nice existence.

I'm waiting for a breakthrough with my surfing. The waves are pretty heavy though, so I'm a bit nervous of them! Tomorrow I will seek out waves that don't pack as much punch, and will be a bit easier to learn on.

I'm wondering if I should see more of Bali, or just stick around here. I just don't know. I like it a lot where I am, doing what I'm doing. Hmmm. Maybe on the weekend I'll plan my next move.

Starting on the July 30th, there is a pro surfing tour stop at Uluwatu. All the pros will be in town, and hopefully the swell will be good. Free shuttles will be going from the surf shops, so I'll take advantage. Not that I know too much about pro surfers, but it seems like something to see while I'm here. There hasn't been a pro surfing event in Indonesia since 1996, so people are excited.

That's all from here...have a good day everyone!

No comments: