Saturday, December 19, 2009

What I like about this time of year.

Christmas season is here in Whistler, and that means a few things. First, lots of people! Everyone's here to ski, and the snow is good. People are here to spend money in our little town, so that's excellent.

Because Whistler wants people to feel good about spending their money here, they've put a lot of Christmas lights up. Thousands of blinding LEDs at the village entrance off the highway.

Christmas doesn't have the same feel at it used to, because I rarely get to spend Christmas with the family. However, I still like this time of year because of the good Year End lists that start coming out.

Various media outlets create Of The Year lists and I enjoy them. I don't even have to look very hard to find them. They range from CBC's Newsmakers of the Year to YouTube's Most Watched Videos of the year. The Globe will have some good pieces coming up too, so I'm looking forward to those.

I like these year-end lists because I get a full year's worth of news in one easily-digestible portion. I don't keep up on my real news on a daily basis unfortunatley, so these Year in Review pieces are the next best thing.

So, enjoy the various Year End articles, pictures, and compilations everyone!

No comments: