Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Comfortably Numb race

I just registered for the Comfortably Numb trail race here in Whistler. It's a 25K race on a biking trail with the same name. I ran it back in 2004, and now I'm going to make a return appearance. The trail slithers through the forest, and there are big trees and moss everywhere. It should be awesome.

It happens on Saturday, June 27th.

I don't know what my time was back in 2004, but it wouldn't have been very good because my training partner at the time was having a rough go (I think it was her ankle), so I stayed with her and finished when she did.

I'm going to race it this time. I'm not expecting much though, just looking to get back into race mode, and get some inspiration to keep training. Whistler has a fast running community, which isn't surprising because running is so pleasurable here; I don't think I can expect to perform in the standings like I did in my Hong Kong races.

I'm still hoping to run the Royal Victoria Marathon on Thanksgiving this year, which is 42.2K. Training for The Distance will be the hardest part, so I will be able to guage better after the Comfortably Numb race if I'll be able to stay focused enough to stick to a program.

I must maintain focus! Carol, you must make me another sign.

No comments: