Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Race Results (Now with video!)

The results are in, and you can find them here.

I placed 23rd overall, and 6th in my 20-29 age group. There were 159 racers in total, and 33 in my category.

edit: Here's a link to some video someone shot. I haven't seen it yet because my internet here is too slow, so let me know if I'm in there! Most people are wearing the yellow shirts we got at the race, but I feel it's bad luck to do that. I needed to wear my lucky racing Brazil jersey, so I did. Look for the only yellow shirt with sleeves, and it's probably me. I'm number 22.

Click Here to watch video highlights. Apparently it's shakey and might make you nauseous.

I'm pretty excited about the next race, and want to do even better! My category is pretty fast, so it'll take a lot of hard work to advance in the standings.

Here are a few excerpts from the next race's newsletter, in the course description section. I haven't changed grammar or caps.

"...short jump off the 1.5-2m wall into the ocean, PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME AND DON'T LAND ON THE PERSONS HEAD IN FRONT OF YOU AS CAN BE DANGEROUS IF YOU JUMP ON SOMEONE)."

"...trail goes up the backside of Violet Hill to the top (very overgrown with many tree branches near your eyes so keep your hand in front of your face for protection."

"...sharp left down river gully 500m which is more like rock scrambling or boulder hopping, hand rope lines down a small waterfall cliff."

"...after running on rocks and slabs for 1km you will exit by climbing a short 2m ladder to the left side."


So, looks like fun!

1 comment:

Jazzy said...

man, i wish your blog was in french so that i could read some blurbs to my students! you have awesome stories! i'm totally vicariously getting a feel for china through your blog.