Monday, May 31, 2010

"You know, you don't have to...

stay in your room whenever I'm here you know."

That's what my landlord Darryl said to me today after I began packing up my things and retreating to my room when he got home today. Well, that's what it looked like I was doing, but I really wasn't. I was just about to pack up my cereal and milk when he pulled into the driveway, so I thought to myself that I better hang out longer so it didn't look like I was trying to escape him. Evidently, I failed in that.

There's a grain (or maybe a pebble?) of truth in what he said. I don't spend much time downstairs when I'm home because it's awkward and we have nothing to talk about, so I just read my book in my room. Plus, if he's watching the TV in the living room, I have no reason to be there. Why not go where it's quiet?

It was a fair comment. I'll put a bit more effort into being social I guess.

Here's what my house looks like. I live in the three-bedroom upstairs. Currently it's just Darryl and I living there, and he's still trying to rent out the third room.





1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Man, that place is awesome!!

I'd be in that living room all the time. But I know what you mean, I always left with Mel was around in the living room, and got in the habit. I have to break it in my new place so I don't seem antiscocial!