Monday, May 17, 2010

Some birthday gifts

I got some fantastic birthday gifts! Here they are.



There's a card from Grandma, which I received a day after my birthday, but should have got on my birthday. I checked the mail at about 1PM, and it must have come after that. Thanks Grandma!

Carmella gave me a great hand-painted card, depicting me riding my bike with trees and mountains nearby. It's great! Usually she does acrylic paintings, but this one is watercolour and it turned out great.

She also gave me another free lift pass, and new bindings! Carmella had some Mountain Money which she earned by referring her snowboard school clients to buy gear at mountain-run snowboard shops. She gets a certain amount of money depending on how much the client spends.

She decided to buy me new bindings with her Mountain Money, which was really touching. She knows I've been looking at a new pair, but also knows that I wouldn't buy them for myself!

I was very touched by her generosity. Carmella is great.



Here's the card. It even looks like me!



And here are the bindings, with my boots. They're so great! They fit my boots perfectly, and they look great. I've been mounting them to my board, and making little adjustments here and there. It's been fun.

More photos will soon be posted of my birthday celebration, and some other gifts.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

It really does look like you!