Friday, July 17, 2009

New Helmet!

I'm excited about my new bike helmet. It arrived from America today. I usually like to buy things locally and support Canadian businesses, but this helmet was a mission to find, since it's a rare colour and not a current model. It turned out to be about half-price as well.

I bought it online. It was the only helmet I wanted to buy. There were cheaper ones, but this is the only one I really liked. So, I bought it. I like it!

I had to get it sent to work, because they wouldn't deliver it to PO boxes. When I picked it up, Dave was there, one of my managers, and couldn't believe I had bought it for myself. He was incredulous when I opened the box and tried it on.

Here it is! It's a 2008 Giro E2, the last year they made it. I had the first edition E2, back in 2000 I believe. It was blue and white. I really liked it, but had to retire it a few years ago.

This helmet continues the white helmet tradition, and I love it. It feels the same as my old one did, and I'm happy I bought it. My old dirt-jumping helmet can now be reserved for friends, or maybe as a pasta strainer. I never really liked it, and felt like I was ten years old. It's only redeeming quality was that it was super cheap.

And yes, I'm having a worry day today. I wish I didn't show my emotions on my face so much. I could take new pictures, but I don't want to put in the required effort.

Click the pics to make them bigger.



No comments: