Thursday, July 30, 2009

Haggard



Here I am walking home from a hot shift at work last night. I'm looking pretty beat down, for a couple reasons.

First, it was energy-sappingly hot all day. While it is hot, people in Louisiana and Texas have it worse all the time, so I guess it's not that bad, it's just not what we're used to.

Secondly, I feel a heavy cloud of uncertainty above my head pretty much all the time. I want to be more positive, but it's difficult at the moment. My current job ends in a month, and I have much to sort out between now and then.

Do I stay in Whistler, or move down to Vancouver? No matter where I end up staking my claim, I will have to find another place to live, and another job. Vancouver's housing market is tough, and so is Whistler's. The job market is tough too, in both places.

I like Whistler because my whole life has been here since I graduated in 2004, if you don't count brief hiatuses in Ontario and China. I like Whistler because it's in the mountains, and I like it because as odd as it is, this small resort town/tourist haven is my home.

I don't like the idea of Vancouver because it's new and unfamiliar. I'll have to set up a whole new life, and that idea doesn't appeal to my 28 year-old brain. I don't want to heap lots of change on my head!

So, we'll see how things progress. It will be important for me to remain positive though, and not let my pending decisions cause me stress and worry.

I must remember to be positive and not obsess over it every day, since it's wasted energy. I must be positive!

Look! I smiley emoticon! :)

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Jon: Haggard doesn't look so bad on you!