Thursday, November 6, 2008

My room, and snow.

The office snow-pools have wrapped up, and I wager that very few people thought the snow would fall this early.

We've got snow in the Village, and it stayed around all day. In the past I've participated in snow pools, where you put money in the pot and guess what day the first snow will fall in the Village, and stays all day. That day would have been today.

I woke up and looked out my window, as I heard some people making noise. I sure was surprised to see snow blanketing the parking lot! It continued to snow all day, and snowplows have been busy clearing various parking lots, sidewalks, and roads in town.

Here are some pictures I've taken recently.



This is my front door. I live in a collection of old condos that were built in the 70s I'd guess. That's my window you can see, on the second floor. There are about 50 condos in the project, and mine is the middle one in a line of five. We share walls with people to our left and our right.

I live very close to Creekside. I'll be walking to the Creekside lifts when winter comes. I estimate it'll take me about ten minutes or so.



Here's what I found when I looked out the window this morning.







Here are some shots of my room. I'm the only one in it now, and someone else will move in on Dec 1st. I'll have to share my room at that point, but it'll be worth saving $300 in rent.

I will get my duvet from Stratford, and some proper bedding. Right now I'm sleeping in my sleeping bag, and using a black t-shirt as a pillow case.



The house came with couches, and my housemate Kevin brought this dog. Her name is Ani (after the singer Ani DeFranco) and she's old and out of shape. I had to dive after her this morning so she didn't get off the porch. She had lunged out the door when I left, but I was able to force her back inside.

Kevin brought a lot of electronics to the house, and the house came with dishes and pans, so there's nothing I need.

Things are good here, but I'm looking forward to becoming gainfully employed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the blog Jonsters - gives me happy memories of checking it constantly while you were in China. Things seem really good for you - congratulations! I'm looking forward to hearing how the job situation develops...
Could be a good year for snow!
Love Kir