Thursday, October 7, 2010

Carmella's Dress

Back in July, Carmella and I visited Ontario for Kir's wedding.  While we were there, Carmella and I visited the local shops.  I returned home with a few t-shirts and Carmella came back with an empty coffee cup.  She had considered buying a new dress she saw, but decided against it because it was just too expensive.

Mom and Carol then conspired to purchase this dress for Carmella!  While we were back in BC, they found the dress and bought it.  I was in on the action, receiving pictures from Carol's phone and confirming the dress was the correct one, and helping them decide on a size.

Mom had originally thought the dress would be a Christmas present for Carmella, but since it was a summer dress, and it was nice and summery outside, she decided to send it along early.

Carmella was so surprised!  The package arrived at my work, and I pretended I didn't know what it was.  I opened it, and it said "For Carmella.  Not for you, Jonnie!"

Carmella came to the hotel, and opened the package.  Out flopped the dress that she figured she would never see again!

When she tried it on, the size was as good as it could have been, but she'd need to take in the seems at the top.  Carmella found a seamstress, and she did a great job.


We had one last sunny day a few weeks ago, so Carmella and I walked down to the beach to celebrate a successful move to Vancouver, and a new job for me.  Carmella wore her new dress.  Here are some pictures of the final product!








No comments: