Sunday, November 1, 2009

Moved

So I've moved into my new place, but just had enough time to put everything in my room and then run to work.

I was able to move pretty much everything in one load, in my new car. It sure was easy to do by myself, now that I have wheels! I didn't need to use any boxes either. I had enough sport bags, suitcases, and rubbermaid things to get it done. I used a number of reuseable grocery bags too.



My room is bigger than the one I moved out of, and is only missing a chair to read in. It has a rickety shelving unit that I'll put my books on, and it has shelving in the closet for my clothes. I'm pretty happy about that, as I won't have to buy any extra shelving or dressers. I'll make what I have work, so I am pretty pleased.

I live in a two-bedroom place. Here's a picture of it. We're on the ground floor of this building. You can see my stuff piled outside the door. The people who live on the upper floors access their units from the back of the building.



The house is in Alpine Meadows, a neighbourhood that's five minutes driving from the Village. It's pretty convenient, and it's close to the gym as well in case I decide to go to the gym regularly.

Because I had my car, I didn't need anyone's help to move. It was a lonely thing though, moving by myself. It sort of reminded me of the times I've moved from familiar situations to unfamiliar ones, something I've done often.

I'm happy with my room, and am going to search out some sort of chair that I can use to sit and read in. I've also got to get the internet humming, and once I do I'll be good to go.

No comments: