Monday, November 30, 2009

Morris



So this is the cat that was named after our Morris.

Good old Morris. Cats are popular on the internet, doing things like jumping into boxes. It got me thinking about the real Morris, so I googled his name.




I bet the Morris on TV advertising cat food couldn't climb a ladder!



In other news, I recently finished Douglas Coupland's latest offering, Generation A. I loved the first half of it, but the second was disappointing. I find Coupland does really well creating characters and his word use is excellent. This all didn't matter by the second half, when the plot fell apart and began dragging on and on.

At one point, we're told that one character was befriending other characters so he could eat their brains (because they had some drug-like quality due to mutation or something) looking for the ultimate high. Silly and unbelievable.

The book centred around a future where people are overly reliant on technologies like computers and cell phones, and as a result look to drugs to make them feel better.

I cannot recommend this book as a whole. But if anyone is looking to read half a book, I give the first hundred or so pages of this tome four bookmarks out of five.

No comments: