Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Stratford, Ontario


Right now I'm reading The Wildfire Season by Andrew Pyper (my edition has different cover art though). On page 75, he writes about one of the character's childhoods:

"He studies Alex now and grafts onto her skin the veil of her fortunate youth. Home-video years spent in Stratford, Ontario, a leafy postcard town of moneyed retirees, a repertory theatre, ball bearing factory, and gift shops. Her parents still lived there. Retired themselves now but keeping up the family home, a Tudor monster on one of the broad streets of competitive landscaping and gardens in which beloved Labradors were buried."

I didn't know it when I bought the book over the Lunar New Year break, but it turns out that he was born in our fair city in 1968. I think Carol saw him do a reading during highschool at one point too, so that's neat.

I bought a "Local Author" selection, and I didn't even know. It's pretty good too.

No comments: