Wednesday, December 14, 2011

10 times the profit?

In the summer, Carmella and I decided to walk a few blocks to the grocery store.  On our way, we found a garage sale that looked promising.  There was an Aussie family moving back home, and someone else that was moving into a smaller house.  These two families combined resources to create a solid garage sale.

I will probably never come across a better garage sale score, in theory: two pairs of Fluevog shoes, for only $5 each! 

While the money was definitely well spent, I haven't got the use out of the shoes as I'd like.  I think both models were from the 90s, a time when Fluevogs were made in Poland and Portugal (I think).  Shoes from that time were tough!


I've begun wearing one of the pairs at work, and they are getting comments like Fluevogs usually do, except most owners probably don't hear "Are those shoes for golfing?" and "Are you wearing bowling shoes?!"


Oh dear.  I'll still wear them though, because they're leather, unique, and a great price.


My second pair isn't getting worn because they're just too big.  They're size 13, a size too big.  They're the nicer pair too.  Even if I put an extra insole inside, and tie them super tight, my heal still slips all the way out of the shoe.


I've decided to try and sell the size 13s.  I think I can get $50 for them if I get the ad up before Christmas.  It was abnormally sunny a couple days ago, so I took the opportunity to take these pictures, which I'll use in the ad:










Don't they look great?  Hopefully there's a tall, size 13 musician or swing dancer out there who wants a pair of well-made, retro-twice-over shoes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics! If I were an online buyer with size 13 feet, I'd buy them!!
If you can't sell them, Peter has size 13s and I could give them as a funny present sometime.
Love K