Monday, June 28, 2010

I fixed my car!

Shiffy wasn't running well, and then not running at all. I wasn't able to get it started, and was worried that I had an expensive repair on my hands.  I did some research, and found out it was likely a battery issue.

Today, I went to the auto parts store in Whistler, bought a battery, and installed it myself. I'm quite pleased, as I saved myself some money by not taking it to a mechanic. It was really easy to do as well.

After I completed the installation, the car started easily, with the confident engine growl telling me I had been successful. It was really satisfying to be able to do it myself and achieve a good result.

The battery was more expensive than it would have been at Canadian Tire in Squamish, but I was happy to get it right here in Whistler, saving myself the time and gas of going down there to get it.

Shiffy's back up and running! Happy days!

No comments: