Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Winter closing out

I can't believe it, but winter is coming to a close. I was sitting on the bus and saw that the new spring/summer/fall bus schedule is out, and the reduced service starts on March 30th.

I got a bit depressed while I sat there and thought about winter being over. It wasn't because I love winter, but because I see the end to the semi-regular driving employment I have.

My recent job applications haven't been successful, so I'm going to try and secure another front desk job here, and continue the process.

We'll see what happens, but I'll try not to worry about it too much. Life isn't bad though...my social life is as good as it's ever been, and I have a few different sets of friends to hang out with any time, so that's great. I've introduced quite a number of people to Settlers, so gaming is a legitimate and great option that my friends enjoy.

On Sunday Carmella and I went out to the frozen Lost Lake and played with her radio controlled airplane. It was sunny and nice, and flying airplanes turned out to be pretty fun. Here are some pics we took.



I dorkily pose with the airplane. I was trying to get it to take off by itself, off the snow. I was not successful.



The plane gets its propellers caught in Carmella's hair, so she must extricate it carefully!



A standard take off procedure.




Flying the plane was often a dynamic experience. We had to duck and cover, and also chase after it when it crashed. There was a pack of dogs who also liked to chase it, so it was important to get the crashed plane before they did. I found snowballs worked well to distract the dogs.

I'm pretty excited about spring, and will be excited to ride my bike again. Once I can secure employment for the coming season, I'll be a bit more rested. We'll see what happens.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

You'll find something, Jonnie!