Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Man in Full



I'm reading Tom Wolfe's A Man in Full. I'm out of the reading habit though, so it's slow going.

Last night I read a chapter about a hardworking father losing his job, and we're meant to infer how devastating it will be for him. After that chapter, I couldn't read anymore, since I feel I've been in-effect laid off.

There isn't much work at the moment, and the winter is shutting down. It will be important for me to find work somewhere else.

I'll try and keep reading this book, but it's about a financial empire in Atlanta. I can't read anything about finances without getting all worked up and stressed out. I'll try and leave my emotions out of it, and continue reading. It's excellent writing and I'm enjoying it.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments: