Saturday, January 10, 2009

Company post-Christmas party.

Last night was the company post-Christmas party, and it was good. George was there, the man I met who got me in contact with my current boss, Chris. They're business partners, and co-own the company. The party was held at a restaurant with a more casual room downstairs, and that's where we spent our time. There were pool tables and dart boards, and a table of food to eat.

On separate occasions, George and Chris talked to me about the drive I did on Christmas, saying that the people really liked me. My Christmas drive consisted of picking up six people at three different places in Vancouver, dropping them off at a restaurant, waiting until they were finished, then driving them all home. You can read about it here.

Chris said something like "Apparently Mr. So and So wants to adopt you! He really liked you and said you were so nice!" George also said something similar, so that was excellent.

At one point we were talking shop, and I mentioned that I haven't had any jerks in my truck, and that everyone's been really friendly. Chris said "That's because nobody wants to be a jerk to you! They say to themselves, "I can't be a jerk to this guy, he's too friendly!""

It's great to get positive feedback like that, and it's nice to know that the head office people and the owners know that I've been doing a good job.

So, a good, validating post-Christmas party. With free food. Excellent!

No comments: