Sunday, December 28, 2008

Throwback to Hong Kong!

Action Asia finally got their act together and posted pictures and videos of the races I was in!

Remember, click on the picture to make it bigger, then hit the BACK button on your browser to return to the blog.

Also remember that I wear the same thing to every race...so even though I look the same, the bib numbers are different.


This was my first race, at Sai Kung. I'm looking up the course, seemingly concerned with what I see. I bet the ropes were ahead, and I knew I would need them to scale the steep rocks. I don't look too pleased! Remember, this was my first taste of Hong Kong racing.


Here is a view of the last race course at Discovery Bay. It was pretty well impossible to run up these mountains. Walking at a brisk pace was all I could do.


This was the finish of the Repulse Bay race. I am knackered!






Action sequence of me running through the water trap in the Mui Wo race. I went out too fast this race, and hit the wall pretty hard a few minutes after these shots were taken.


This is Red Shoes, leading me away from the Discovery Bay water course. I'd been battling him most of the race, and this shot is taken about three quarters of the way through. We had to amble down the rocks, swim for a bit, then climb back out. Red Shoes stopped for water at top of the rock section, but I kept trucking and never saw him again.




Here is the Discovery Bay finish! I'm pretty sure I got him by a hair in the end, although it's impossible to tell. The results have us tied for 15th, so we'd need a better photo to see who actually prevailed. I'm almost certain it was me.

There are some videos posted as well, but I can't give you direct links because the link actually goes to the whole library of videos. You must find them on your own.

Look for a video called Sprint Discovery Bay 08. When there, see the surprise at 11:35!

Next, find the Sprint Mui Wo 08 video, and go to 7:34.

VIDEO LINK

Discovery Bay was the last race of the series, and my best finish ever. I ran fast and strong, and consider that race one of the best I have ever run.

Mui Wo happened in the place Kir and I went later, riding bikes and enjoying rural Hong Kong.

These shots and videos have made me want to get fit and ready for the 2009 racing season. Time to buy a gym membership!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME action pics! You must get 1enlarged and framed so that when you have people over they can ask you about it a tonne of conversation mileage!

the Minkster