Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hokey Pokey

I sing Hokey Pokey with my kids, and I'd say it's their favourite song. They love putting their left hand in, taking it out, and shaking it all about! I never thought children could get so stoked about songs, but these 3 year olds squeal with joy whenever we sing Hokey Pokey. So, it was with special interest that I read the following, sent to me by Heather:

Sad News

With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the
moment, it is worth reflecting on the death of a very
important person, which almost went unnoticed last week.
Larry LaPrise, the man that wrote "The Hokie Pokey" died
peacefully at the age of 93. The most traumatic part for his
family was getting him into the coffin. They put his left
leg in - and then the trouble started.


It doesn't matter who you are...that's funny!

No comments: