Sunday, June 10, 2012

We went to a wedding

Hi Everyone,

It's two months since I've posted, and a lot has happened since then.  Instead of trying to write about two months of events, I'll just start from yesterday, and maybe post some random pictures down the road.

Yesterday Carmella and I went to our friends' Tony and Mary's wedding.  It was really nice and a great time.  After our own wedding, it's a treat to attend a wedding where you only have to begin preparations an hour before!

Tony and Mary got married at the UBC Boathouse, which is a rowing dock and also an acclaimed wedding venue.  It's not near UBC at all though, it's just where the team trains I guess.  It's in Richmond (the airport is also in Richmond) on the mighty Fraser river.  I've heard rumours of sturgeon in the river, but didn't see any.

Here are some pictures!

Weddings are always a good time for pictures!  No claw really, I've extended the fingers instead.

The Groomsmen and pastor.  The Fraser river is in the background.


The presentation of Tony and Mary Kwong.  I apologize for the head, but this is the best one I had.


While the family had pictures, we enjoyed the venue.  I liked the balloons.  They were quite large.  We were told we couldn't release them, because we were in the airport's airspace, I supposed because a crashing plane would obliterate the venue and cancel the rest of the wedding.


It was a fun wedding.  We left at about 1am, and there were still quite a few people there.  It's nice that Tony and Mary stayed at the party, because I find that once the main attraction leaves, the rest of the revelers start trickling out and the party dies.

A very nice wedding, and a great way to spend a Saturday.  Tony and Mary's wedding weekend was much like ours, almost a year ago.  Dark, cloudy weather for the whole preceding week, sun for the wedding day, and more clouds the day after.

Congratulations Tony and Mary!

No comments: